Friday, August 30, 2013

Back three weeks...still sorting through photos

So regular blogging did not exactly gel with my travel style and lack of laptop, it turned out.  Suffice it to say, the trip was amazing, and I have a ton of photos I would like to share with people.  Rather than posting a chronicle of the trip, however, I've chosen to group them into thematic areas.  Look for more posts in the coming days, but for now, here are some cheesy tourist shots of me in front of or on top of famous things.


Horse Guards in London

Buckingham Palace


Big Ben.  I actually sat in on a session of parliament when I visited. What were they debating? Military involvement in Syria.  There were only like 18 MPs there too (all on iPads).  Was a far different case yesterday.


Royal Crescent - a beautiful row of 18th century homes in Bath.


Amazing Roman ruins in Bath.


Some pretty sweet rocks.


Selfies are hard when on a tiny terrace of a Gothic cathedral!


That's better - atop Salisbury Cathedral.


Plymouth Hoe (one of my favorite vistas of the whole trip)


Mayflower Stairs, Plymouth


At the jumper-proof roof of York Minster


Atop York Tower, a castle with a dark and bloody history.


From my nosebleeds at Croke Park, Dublin, for All-Ireland Football Quarterfinals


Had to take one of these...


In front of the Louvre, the most exhausting museum of all time.


In front of Notre Dame on a bright and sunny Parisian day.


Versailles was the most ridiculous place I went to, and I have LOADS of photos of it (and more amazing places) to share still!

2 comments: