Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Excellent weather...not so excellent WiFi

Well, I'm already on my third city and fifth full day of the trip!  Sorry for the lack of posts, but I have not been staying at places with working WiFi, unfortunately, so have been having a bit of difficulty getting online regularly.  So far I've spent three days in London, one in Bath, and am now finishing off some fish and chips at a free-WiFi restaurant in lovely Salisbury.  Starting tomorrow comes the "research" portion of the trip, and a long solo stretch to Plymouth, Bradford, Birmingham, and Stratford-upon-Avon. 
I was lucky to have had a few friends to meet up with in London (Sarah D and Rob E) as well as a travel companion from Bath to Salisbury, with a most excellent trip to Stonehenge (April H).  In this first stretch I've seen two breath-taking cathedrals, prehistoric monuments, Roman architecture, iconic works of art, a session of the House of Commons, the Changing of the Guards, and at least a million red telephone call boxes.
The weather here has been sunny everyday, incredibly pleasant (even HOT at times), and apparently completely strange for England.  As a result, I've been walking everywhere - easily 8-10 miles on some days.  I've already taken over 700 pictures, the first two days of which are only just now backing up to the cloud.
Here are some of the highlights!

This entry was backed up with slow connection.  Wrote it last night in Salisbury.  Will have pics and updates from Plymouth once I walk around a bit and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment